Let’s talk about the top natural remedies for a UTI (urinary tract infection) now what is a urinary tract infection, it’s an infection that could occur in the bladder or in the ureter or in the urethra or even the kidney…so you have two kidneys that drain through these tubes they’re called ureters, they drain into a bladder and then there’s one tube that comes out that’s called the urethra so if you have an infection anywhere in this area you have an UTI now the UTIS are the second most common infection behind respiratory infections so they’re very very common, women are more susceptible than men and 70 year old women are two times more susceptible than men but much younger women are 50 times more susceptible than men, interesting 90 percent of an infection from uti is e coli which normally is in the colon so somehow that bacteria from your colon is getting into the wrong place all right so what are the symptoms, they include;
- Painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Blood in the urine
- And sometimes even abdominal pain.
So what can you do to help
- Make sure your liquids are a little bit higher drink at least 2.5 liters per day or even more to keep things flowing through your body.
- Also vitamin C is very important, you have to make sure that it’s a food based vitamin c not a synthetic version and you should take at least 500 milligrams of the natural vitamin C.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice has certain compounds and phytonutrients that make the bacteria not stick to the inside of the bladder or these little ducts right there or little tubes there so unsweetened cranberry juice is actually really good.
- A really good probiotic that involves a lactobacillus bacteria that can counter the e coli, so a good probiotic is very important, taking garlic can act as a natural antibiotic, it’s very high in sulfur, it has no bad effects to our own good bacteria only to the unfriendly versions and yuva your seed tea is a really good remedy for utis as well.
- Now the last thing we want to mention is having a very strong immune system can help bulletproof yourself against infections in general including utis, so we can take foods or fruits that can help in boos